top of page
canada gold flag copy.jpg

Family Sponsorship

If you’re a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor a spouse or relative to immigrate to Canada. and become permanent residents under family class category. After becoming permanent residents, they can live, study and work in Canada

Canada’s commitment to family reunification extends to parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents through the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. In order to sponsor a parent or grandparent, citizens and permanent residents will be required to demonstrate that they can financially support their family by meeting the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) for the size of their family unit. They must also agree to financially support their sponsored family members, if needed. Sponsors who are unable to permanently support their parent or grandparent may be eligible for a Super Visa, a long-term, multiple-entry visa for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

Who is Eligible to Sponsor? To be able to sponsor, you must be:

• Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
• currently live in Canada,
• over 18 years old,
• have enough money to sponsor your family,

You need to submit information about your income for the last 3 tax years from the date you apply. So if you’re applying to sponsor your relatives, you’ll need the Notice of Assessment of 2020, 2019, and 2018. The amount of income you need to sponsor will change according to the number of people you’re sponsoring, the more people means more income, naturally. Below you can find the table for the minimum income requirements


bottom of page