British Columbia PNP Program
British Columbia is Canada's westernmost province, defined by its Pacific coast and mountain ranges, and is home to Canada's third-largest city, Vancouver. The province's economy is diversified and relies on the strength of the natural resource industry, focusing on forestry and mining. British Columbia's culture combines a unique blend of European, Asian and Indigenous influences, and its eight regions are all dynamic and diverse.
British Columbia's Provincial Nominee Program provides an excellent immigration process for qualified applicants to settle permanently in British Columbia. The BCPNP Business Category is for high net worth individuals who wish to invest in and operate a business in British Columbia and eventually settle in the province.
Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
1-British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
A- The Eligibility Requirements:
- An individual's net worth of at least $600,000, legally obtained.
- Invest at least $200,000 in a new qualifying business or purchase and improve an existing business in British Columbia.
- Create at least one new full-time job in your business for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Canadian Language Proficiency Level 4 In English or French in each of the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing, AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Have appropriate experience in business and management.
- Possessor qualify for lawful temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been legally admitted to the country in which you currently reside.
- Registration ( 6 months to 180 Days )
- Net Worth Review
- Submit an application
- Building the Business
- Nomination for Permanent Residence
2- British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot ( until 2024 )
A-The Eligibility Requirements for Candidates:
- Net worth of at least $300,000.
- A minimum of $100,000 in qualifying business investments.
- The minimum participation rate of 51% in new company.
- Canadian Language Proficiency Level 4 In English or French in each of the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Conduct an exploratory visit to the target community
B- The Eligibility Requirements for Communities:
- A population of fewer than 75,000 people.
- Located beyond 30 km of a municipality of more than 75,000 people.
- Demonstrate capacity to support the entrepreneur through a network of established settlement and business support agencies.
3-British Columbia Entrepreneur Immigration – Strategic Projects
- Make a minimum equity investment of $500,000.
- Create at least three new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents for each foreign key staff member proposed (to a maximum of five key staff).
- Establish or purchase and expand a company in British Columbia
B- The Application Process:
- Visit to British Columbia
- Discuss proposal with British Columbia PNP officials and register the company’s
- Apply the application
- If approved, the company signs a Performance Agreement with British Columbia. A work permit support letter is issued to each key staff member so they can apply for a two-year work permit from IRCC.
- the key staff members will be nominated for permanent residency.