Located in western Canada, the province of Alberta is the agricultural center of Canada. The province relies on large oil reserves, resulting in thriving provincial oil industry. Alberta is home to the cities of Calgary and Edmonton and is bordered to the west by the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains.
As of June 14, 2018, Alberta introduced two new PNP streams: the Alberta Express Entry stream and the Alberta Opportunity Stream. The province has closed two existing streams: the Alberta Strategic Recruitment Stream and the AlbertaDriven Employee Recruitment Stream.
AINP Streams AINP is currently accepting applications in 5 streams: Alberta Opportunity Stream, Express Entry, Self-Employed Farmer Stream, International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream, and StartUp Visa Stream for international students.
Alberta Opportunity Stream
Express Entry Stream
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream
International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
Self-Employed Farmer Stream:
The Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream is administered by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) in close collaboration with the Alberta Department of Agriculture and Forestry and targets applicants with farm management skills and adequate resources. financing to invest in an agribusiness in Alberta
- Management experience with an existing agribusiness
- Education, training and work experience are needed to develop a sustainable agribusiness in
- A business plan for an agribusiness business to be developed in Alberta
- Proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the farm business project
- Minimum equity of $500,000 to invest in the farm business
-Net worth a minimum of $500,000 or claim access to these funds.